Class-D – Massive Power, Perfect Sound
Thanks to the High-Density Class-D amplifier Technology, the NX6000D delivers enormous power and incredible sonic performance in an easy-to-use, ultra-portable and lightweight package. Class-D amplification makes all the difference, offering the ultimate in energy efficiency – and eliminating the need for heavy power supplies and massive heat sinks. This amazing technology makes it possible to design and build extremely-powerful products that are significantly lighter in weight than their traditional counterparts, while using less energy and protecting the environment.
Sublimely Simple Operation
The front panel controls and indicators provide your system’s vital signs at a glance. After pressing the Power button, the Power LED lights to show the amp is ready for action. All channels feature positive-detent Gain controls with Signal LEDs that light when a signal is present, as well as Limit LEDs to indicate when the amplifier is running at full capacity. Just as elegant as the front, the rear panel is home to the combo XLR and 1/4″ TRS Input connectors, making the NX6000 compatible with virtually any source, balanced or unbalanced. Professional twist-lock speaker sockets are provided to ensure every drop of output power gets to your loudspeakers.
The rear panel is also where you’ll find the switches that enable the NX6000 amp to run in your choice of dual mono or stereo modes. The NX6000’s built-in Crossover switch sets the amp to Full-Range mode, where the output is sent unfiltered to your loudspeakers, or Bi-amp mode, which sends only the low-frequency content (<100 Hz) to passive subwoofers, while the high-frequency content (>100 Hz) is channeled to your full-range loudspeakers.
For sound engineers requiring high-level control capability, the NX6000D amplifier comes ready for action right out-of-the-box. The built-in DSP and 24-bit/96 kHz converters ensure the ultimate signal integrity with an extremely broad dynamic range. DSP section features sophisticated delay, crossover (3 filter types, up to 48 dB/octave), EQ (8 parametric, 2 dynamic), dynamics processing and lockable security settings. A convenient front panel LCD display allows you to setup and make adjustments directly at the amplifier, without the need for a PC.
SmartSense Impedance Compensation
The new SmartSense Technology puts the punch back into Class-D amplification, providing vastly improved full-range frequency response with more powerfully-dynamic bass, and smoother high-frequency reproduction. The resulting output is no longer dependent on the actual load, but is rendered perfectly ruler flat via impedance compensation. NX6000’s design also incorporates a significantly-higher damping factor that yields better amplifier control over the loudspeaker for stronger audio reproduction – especially in the LF area.
- Delivers 3,000W/channel into 4 ohms or 1,600W/channel into 8 ohms
- Class D technology with “near-zero” thermal buildup runs extremely cool
- Efficient switch-mode power supply gives you low noise, superior transient response, and low power consumption
- SmartSense loudspeaker impedance compensation yields linear frequency response at any speaker load
- Impressive damping factor offers superior amplifier control over your speakers
- Zero-attack limiters supply maximum output with reliable overload protection
- High-performance DSP offers sophisticated delay, a crossover, EQ, dynamics processing, and more
- 24-bit/96kHz converters ensure excellent signal integrity and ample dynamic range
- Positive-detent gain controls with 4-segment LED metering on each channel make gain-staging easy
- Rear-panel combo XLR and 1/4″ TRS input connectors ensure compatibility with just about any source
- Reliable twist-lock speaker connectors prevent unwanted “unplugging” incidents
- Thermal overload protection protects your amplifier and speakers
Number of Channels: 2
Power Class: Class D
Watts/Side @ 8 ohms: 1600W
Watts/Side @ 4 ohms: 3000W
Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4″ combo
Outputs: 2 x SpeakON
Cooling System: Dual Variable Speed Fans (back to front air flow)
DSP: Delay, 8-band Parametric, 2-band Dynamic EQ, Peak Limiter, 20 total presets (19 user)
Filters: 3 x Crossover Filters 48dB/octave
Overload Protection: Thermal and DC protection
Rack Spaces: 2U
Dimensions: 94 x 483 x 316 mm
Weight: 5.9 kg