NOTE: It appears Fender disregarded the above info in their Gilmour TRIBUTE Black Strat which has a set of three Fender Fat 50’s (non-noiseless).
Our boxed set comprises Impersonator Fat 50 bridge with Impersonator A56 middle and neck which is closer to the pickups of 1979. See the Single Strat Pickups Tab (above) for details about each individual model.
These pickups will deliver the sound you want with all the amazing benefits that only Kinman can offer. For a start our low strength Alnico rod magnets promote sustain by reducing magnetic string pull -and- simultaneously reducing string crash which also shortens sustain by robbing energy from the vibrating strings when they crash into the frets. This also makes the sound cleaner with less buzz and clatter. And the best of all is Zero-Hum (noiseless). These are the reasons Kinman Strat pickups are the Pure Musical Energy pickups.
Some people will call these noiseless Stratocaster pickups but Kinman prefers to describe them correctly as Zero-Hum Stratocaster pickups. That’s because there are 2 types of noise, Hum which is cancelled in the pickup and Buzz which can only be minimized by shielding the wiring cavities (refer to >Technical >Perfect Guitar >Shielding for newer guitars.
Technical & Application info:
- Standard Kinman cover (without height extender bushings included).
- Available in White, Black, Aged White.
- With or without Kinman logo.
- White cover can be tinted with food stains such as Coffee and Tea.
- Generic covers will not fit Kinman Strat pickups. We sell replacement covers in three colors.
Connection means available
- Bare wires for soldering.
- Kinman connectors for plugging into any Kinman Goodbye-Soldering Harness.
Pot & Capacitor values
- Best with 250k Ohm (measured minimum) volume pot. Less punch and more bright with 500k.
- Tone pot is usually the same value as the volume but for a little more top end brightness can be 500k, 1meg or a No-Load.
- Stock pots can actually measure as low as 175k. Pots in our Goodbye-Soldering Harness are guaranteed to measure no less that 250k.
- Normal tone cap value of 0.022uF, 63 ~ 100 volt Polyester. Smaller uF value lessen the severity of Treble cut, higher values increase it.
- The voltage rating of Caps is not important but 63 ~ 100 volt have thicker lead wires that result in a neater job.
Magnet spreads we normally ship (ensures magnets align with the strings in each position)
- Narrow 49.5mm for neck.
- Intermediate 51mm for middle.
- Standard 52.5mm for bridge.
- Option to change the magnet spreads of sets and singles in our ‘After-Order Supplementary Questions‘ email we send you.
- Normal improved Stagger to suit 7 ~ 14 inch uniform radius fretboards including USA Custom Guitar Compound 7-1/4″ ~ 9-1/2
- Flat Stagger for specific compound radius fretboards (Warmoth 10 ~ 16 inch and Post 2010 Fender Deluxe 9 ~ 14″)
- Option to change the magnet stagger of sets and singles in our ‘After-Order Supplementary Questions‘ email we send you.
- 2 conductor shielded is standard.
- Middle pickups when supplied with a K9, TK4 or TK9 harness have 3 conductor shielded.
- 3 conductor by request with Order.
- Custom lengths by request with Order.
- in-phase with Gibson and Copy humbuckers
- in-phase with all other Kinman pickups
- opposite phase to Fender Strat
Mounting hardware included
- 2 Pan head mounting screws.
- 2 Silicon Rubber tube springs.
We highly recommend consulting the Install Guide in the Technical section even if you think you know it all. Kinmans’ require specialized knowledge and sometimes there is updated info. Contact Musicians Oasis.