- The Silver Spring Reverb’s bandwidth is in between the dark warmth of an amplifier’s spring reverb and the pristine clarity of a studio reverb.
- There is no noise reduction system, in order to keep the decay as natural as possible.
- The direct signal path is all analog, going straight through analog amplifiers with no filtering.
- With the input set below the maximum, there is no signal distortion or coloration
- The Reverb signal path is filtered to produce the Silver Spring Reverb’s natural ambiance.
The SSR’s sound is exceptional with a clean signal but was specifically designed to work equally well with the tougher performance requirements of distorted tone. The SSR can be used before distortion, although it was primarily designed to go after. If you use the SSR before distortion, you may want to use a lower Reverb (Wet/Dry) setting.
Built the Mad Professor way: small footprint and big tone. Complete true bypass and input of circuit grounded in bypass.