The Maton M-Series features Sapele tops, backs and sides. Sapele is an African tonewood (sometimes known as African Mahogany)which has become popular as a substitute for the now endangered Honduran Mahogany. The two woods are nearly identical tonally and aesthetically. The neck is Fijian Mahogany and the bridge and fingerboard are Indian Rosewood.
These guitars are inspired by the classic roots music of bygone days and their sound evokes images of old time country singers and bluesmen riding the roads on their way to their next engagement. The M-Series are dressed appropriately too. Simple pinstriped rosette and inner bindings combine with a black outer binding to produce an understated classy finish. No frills but elegant, just like the music that inspired them. A bone nut and saddle provide the finishing touches for a brilliant vintage tone.
Under the hood, the M series share the recent developments of Maton’s acoustic range. Scalloped bracing and careful thicknessing have resulted in a guitar with a rich, full tone, very Maton but with plenty of that brightness and compression associated with the best all Mahogany guitars.
- Model: M80C
- Body Shape: Dreadnought W/Cutaway
- Soundboard: Solid Sapele Mahogany
- Rosette: Twin Row Pinstripe Rings
- Bracing: Scalloped Maton X
- Back and Sides: Solid Sapele Mahogany
- Soundhole Diameter: 100mm
- Outer Binding: Black
- Inner Binding: Pinstripe
- Neck: Mahogany
- Scale Length: 64.77cm (25.5″)
- Headstock Veneer: Rosewood Veneer- 2mm
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Indian Rosewood
- Fretwire: Dunlop 6260
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8mm (12″)
- Nut Width: 44.1mm (1.736″ – 1 47/64″)
- 14th Fret: Width 55mm (2.165″ – 2 11/64″)
- Fingerboard Inlays: 6mm Pearl Dots
- Back & Sides Finish: Satin/Natural
- Top Finish: Satin/Natural
- Bridge Pins: Ivory ABS
- Machine Heads: Chrome Grover Rotomatic
- Pickguard: Black with Gold “M”
- End Pin/Strap: Chrome
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Case: Standard Maton Hardcase
- Pickup: AP5-Pro
- Strings: Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze 12-53.